A blog to keep walkers inspired, connected and informed.

Welcome!

My name is Rachel, an intern for AIDS Walk Portland. I've created this blog for every walker, donor, sponsor and friend of AIDS Walk Portland. This is your blog.

Visit the blog for fundraising tips, walkers' stories, pictures, inspiration and information. Pass this link on to fellow walkers and friends.


September 16, 2008

We're on our way!

AIDS Walk Portland Stats

We've raised 40% more than we had at this time last year and have over 500 more walkers, but we still have a long way to go to reach our goal of $380,000!

As of Sept 16, 2008
$76,402 raised
1513 walkers
201 teams


As of Sept 16, 2007
$45,424 raised
957 walkers
138 teams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,
I just wanted to say thank you for your support and inspiration. I found out I was Poz Jan 2007 at first I was really scared but then I was greeted by some of the most awesome people at CAP and through the help and support of many wonderful people my daughter and I have a home I went to school and am now working as a pharmacy tech, my daughter had the support of Teen to Teen and accomplished great things at her school educating her peers about HIV and positive life styles. I can't say enough about how grateful I am to have the support of everyone at CAP. Keep up the great work you are needed and wanted!
Lisa C.

This blog reserves the right to edit or remove any offensive comments.

HIV/AIDS Daily Report from kaisernetwork.org

HIV/AIDS Fact of the Week

How long after possible HIV exposure should I wait to get tested?

A test taken four to six weeks after exposure should yield correct results.